technical - projects
>> Click on the image to view the full gallery for that project.
Film4oD powered by FilmFlex - white label online on-demand film service.
Experience Film4oD for yourself.
|Virgin Media Online Movies|
Virgin Media Online Movies powered by FilmFlex - white label online on-demand movies service.
Check out Virgin Media Online Movies.
|Virgin Media cable - FilmFlex Movies|
FilmFlex on-demand film rental service on Virgin Media cable - to 3.8M homes
Click the image to the left to see what the service looks like. To experience it for yourself sign up to Virgin Media cable.
- Technologies: MPEG-2 files and metadata served on-demand
Interactive on-demand multimedia pharmaceutical presentations and educational content portal for healthcare professionals. Also associated reports, CMS and personalised mailing system.
To see what the site looked like, click the image to the left. To see the site as it is now, go to www.onmedica.net.
|Autostadt - Navigation Experience|
3D maze game and separate GPS display housed in 4 specially designed player stations connected to a central server. Demonstrates benefits of using a GPS system versus a map.
Click the image to the left to see the game experience. To find out more about Autostadt go to www.autostadt.de.
- Technologies: Visual C++, DirectX 8, Maya. Runs on Windows 2000.
- Up to 4 players race to get to the centre of the maze first by either following the GPS or a relative position map.
- Localized in both English and German and located at Volkswagen's Autostadt theme park in Wolfsburg, Germany.
|Swiss Re's Ruschlikon Centre for Global Dialogue - Virtual Themeworld|
The Virtual Themeworld promotes the exploration and contemplation of global conference topics that affect the business of reinsurance.
Consists of an online version, a stand-alone Command Room version, and a content management system.
www.virtualthemeworld.com used to demonstrate the online Virtual Themeworld. Click the image to the left to browse images of what it looked like. The gallery is taken from the online version but looks similar to the Command Room.
- Technologies: Visual C++, DirectX 8, Director 8.5, Maya. Runs online and on Windows 2000.
- The online version incorporates a 3D navigation environment (using Director 8.5) and streaming audio and video topics.
- The 'Command Room' provides an immersive experience using detailed 3D navigation (DirectX 8) and high-quality DVD topics.
An online magazine portal that provides articles and streaming audio and video relevant to urban London youth culture.
To see Ammocity as it was, click the image to the left. To see it now, go to www.ammocity.com.
- Streaming content is provided using RealServer 8.
3D creatures constructed from a genetic description language (its dna) that respond or dance to real-time music input.
Search the web for demo copies of the program. Get version 1.2 to get a more optimised version with texturing and backgrounds.
- Technologies: Visual C++, DirectX 7a, Install Shield, Photoshop
- A stand-alone product used by both the home 'genetic engineer' and VJ.
- Also used by us in nightclub visuals as a subliminal branding tool to reach the youth market.
Dreadnought is a 3D Victorian steam-punk shoot-em-up game set on the red planet of Mars.
Dreadnought made the cover of Edge (May, 1996), and neared completion, but was never released due to organisational restructuring.
- Technologies: C, DirectX, Direct3D, Glide API, Alias (models, textures and FMV animation), 3D Studio MAX (models). Game written to run under DOS, and Windows9x using DirectX 5.